Very Gentle Morning Yoga with Tara Stiles

Simple yoga stretches that will gently open the body and ease the mind. Great for first thing in the am!

25 Responses to “Very Gentle Morning Yoga with Tara Stiles”

1. Chelsea Dimond July 11, 2013 at 2:56 am

oh my gosh did you really have to do 108 sun salutations?!? goodness! after 10 (slow relaxing pace) I have trouble getting back up to downward dog! <3 #yogaproblems

2. mrvirginiabeach July 11, 2013 at 3:06 am

Yeah now were talking for a fatboy, this is beginner level for over 50 crowd.

3. had so much hamstring soreness this am and I couldn’t take it, found your video and it was great..love your instruction..I will definitely check out the other videos..Thanks so much!

4. hicham bastawisi July 11, 2013 at 3:58 am

i would like to get my ears pulled by you 🙂

5. Trish Williams July 11, 2013 at 4:06 am

my sensei always start off with this in my jujitsu class. It really relaxes the muscles and tensions. Plus you feel relaxed yet sound and awake at the same time afterwards.

6. Pretty feet.

7. Christa Richardson July 11, 2013 at 5:47 am

I am brand new to yoga; have a chronic illness that makes exercise impossible and lots of muscle pain. Just tried your gentle morning yoga and thanks so much for posting! I will look for more videos like it, want to make it a habit…

Christa

8. Freely Formed July 11, 2013 at 5:52 am

Oh my lord, Tara you are somthing special. You’ve got it going on sister! Namaste 😉

9. bigdaddyherbert July 11, 2013 at 6:28 am

Holy shit….this just made my morning alot better.and i hate waking up so early too,this just made my mornings alot easier.thanks!haha

10. churchanddestroy88 July 11, 2013 at 6:36 am

Tara, this may seem like a silly question, but i notice a lot of times in your videos you say to not force anything, or just do what feels comfortable; but how are you supposed to make any progression if you don’t stretch to where is just the slightest bit uncomfortable. I could be missing the message of yoga in it’s entirety here, but i can’t help but be a tad jealous that it seems like i’ll never hit the poses you can. Thank for your help! =]

11. dare dreamer! July 11, 2013 at 7:11 am

It is good Tara! Just tried! thank you

12. visceralanding July 11, 2013 at 7:48 am

yes! I do that one all the time (even when I’m not on my cycle lol)! It’s excellent!

13. MilkyTeaPrincess July 11, 2013 at 8:10 am

I second this request.

14. YogaForWeightLossHQ July 11, 2013 at 9:04 am

great video – really looking forward to what youll do next

15. Kangaroocreekgangclu July 11, 2013 at 9:37 am

Blondie?

16. Kangaroocreekgangclu July 11, 2013 at 10:08 am

It was probably about the fact that your muscles haven’t had any time to warm up yet. As long as you are taking it very slow and steady it should be fine.

17. Only early mornings give me an opportunity to be by myself, and I practice with Tara’s book. I am looking forward to my mornings now. Is it ok to do more challenging routines after waking up then?

18. Oh my gosh, I’m so glad you get sore, too, lol. For some reason I thought I was sore because I was a noob. I’ve finally learned to stop pushing myself when I’m sore and just bent my legs. I’m just like… it’s not worth it to have straight legs and look awesome right now, lol.

19. yogatoday has a youtube channel with a yoga for your cycle series! ITS GREAT! i have done it many times!!!!

20. lamambanegra123 July 11, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I did 108 sun salutations too YEY!! 😀

21. Thanks Tara, just what we need!

22. Now I DID manage to undo my klutzy thumb. What do you know, youtube is not only a way to communicate with other people, but also to communicate with yourself. Or myself, that is. Feeling a bit schizo here at the moment. 😉

23. ah just walk it off..

24. @TaraStilesYoga Oh my goodness, I’m a klutz and managed to hit the “thumbs down” and can’t seem to find a way of undoing that. Jeez. On the subject of stretching in the morning, it’s like Tara says: very gently and with attention. I’d also recommend gentle rotations of the joints to move the synovial fluid and lubricate them, especially before any strong poses or poses that apply pressure to joints. Hope this helps @cactusl3gs

25. just like @cactusl3gs i had been told/read no to stretch unless muscles are warmed up. thanks for clarifying that for me. btw i have been doing the morning yoga in bed routine and feel very refreshed afterwards.