Moves for Leaner Legs | The Yoga Solution With Tara Stiles

Follow us on YouTube for new episodes every Thursday: www.youtube.com Toned and flexible legs feel amazing. Today, I want to run through six simple moves to work those legs! Have a problem that needs a Yoga Solution? Tara Stiles is here to help! Leave a question, comment or video response below. Led by inspirational teacher and “Yoga Rebel” Tara Stiles, The Yoga Solution is a weekly series that offers fun and simple ways for yoga to help improve your life. Whether you’re new to yoga or have been practicing for years, Tara’s easy-to-follow and approachable manner will guide you towards living well every day. Connect with LIVESTRONG.COM Woman Explore: www.livestrong.com Like: www.facebook.com Follow: twitter.com More Tara: www.youtube.com

Subscribe for new episodes every Friday: www.youtube.com If you’d like to improve your flexibility, Tara has the moves for you. Have a problem that needs a Yoga Solution? Tara Stiles is here to help! Leave a question, comment or video response below. Led by inspirational teacher and “Yoga Rebel” Tara Stiles, The Yoga Solution is a weekly series that offers fun and simple ways for yoga to help improve your life. Whether you’re new to yoga or have been practicing for years, Tara’s easy-to-follow and approachable manner will guide you towards living well every day. Connect with LIVESTRONG.COM Woman Explore: www.livestrong.com Like: www.facebook.com Follow: twitter.com More Tara: www.youtube.com

47 Responses to “Moves for Leaner Legs | The Yoga Solution With Tara Stiles”

1. Hey there, have you tried out “Belly Fat Quencher” (google it)? There you can watch a helpful free video. This made it easier for Danielle to lose her stomach fat. I hope it helps you too…

2. Anna Martina Padrigo January 17, 2013 at 11:11 pm

you’re beautiful 🙂

3. ForeverDissevered January 18, 2013 at 12:09 am

i search up t-ara and get this shit wtf

4. Love your videos, tara, I wont watch anyone elses yoga videos! This was a great routine 😉

5. what do i do when i have that feeling near my groin/inner hip area (idk what its called exactly haha) that needs to pop??

6. i totally agree! i love yoga, and have always had to follow instructors by voice and trying to see them at the same time while keeping balance, but i find the camera work is hard to follow because they get close ups of her face or stomach and i can’t see her feet or hips. this would be so helpful to see. i love your videos, tara, and this is just an observation! you’re doing great! thank you for all the hard work!

7. Can you show us yoga for slim arms? I have a big arms and big leg and body also.. because I loss my weight and now my body like a JELLY … so I want to tight my body .. Can you? Thank you so much Oh! and I’m also Beginner too 😀

8. takemetonirvana14 January 18, 2013 at 2:05 am

This routine is absolutely great but I found out that nothing makes me sweat and shake like Tara Stiles’ yoga routines! Never gonna expect that 😀

9. i don’t mean to be rude, but it is really difficult for me to understand what you say, you talk very fast and it’s like you don’t use comas, full stops or any puntuaction marks at all. nice routine btw 🙂

10. Manillylover818 January 18, 2013 at 2:56 am

My hands tend to hurt and cramp up while in the downward dog position because i am putting so much weight on them, is there any tip you have for fixing this?

11. Can you show us exercises to grow taller?

12. Dhivya Ramanujam January 18, 2013 at 4:02 am

cant follow her..

13. How many times is it ok to repeat this series?

14. u r really awesome! is there any workouts that target the inner thighs?

15. This killed me. 😀
    Seriously..^^

16. Tara, your hair is getting so long! You are definitely winning in my imaginary growing-out-hair race.

17. How many times should you repeat this routine?

18. I’ll slow down.  thanks! 🙂

19. eating more than you need and eating processed foods will bulk your body. this routine will lengthen and strengthen but not bulk any part of you 🙂

20. No, the downward dog and the rear leg in the lunges will actually stretch them out and keep them loose. No worries.

21. This is great, very hard but awesome. Can’t wait till I am as flexible as you! I have a little request though.. Could you speak a little slower and clearer? I had SUCH a hard time trying to understand what you were saying that I found myself concentrating on that more than the postures themselves. Don’t get me wrong you are a fantastic teacher but I had a lot of trouble with this. Thanks for the great vid though! 🙂

22. This is great–look forward to trying it tomorrow! Thanks Tara!

23. OMGOSH you are flexible O_O I am going to try this one and see if I can do it hahaha

24. This is really great! Going to do it tonight. Thank you, Tara!

25. marsha Lawrence January 18, 2013 at 9:39 am

I REAL ENJOY DOING YOGA.THANK U SO MUCH FOR THOSE LOVELY YOGA..VIDEO U ROCK GIRL !!!!!!!!!

26. Hi Tara! i’m a dancer, so flexibility and core strength is really important to me. Unfortunatly, i have awful core strength, and the muscle behind my knees is REALLY tight! Can you help me?

27. try sitting with a blanket between your hips and legs for a while to open up. hope that helps.

28. cool! keep it up and keep in touch!

29. Hi! start practicing yoga regularly. your calves will open up and your hips too. start with this video and keep it up every day. hope that helps!

30. What are nice stretches to achieve center splits?

31. I don’t feel thhreaten, I am not english so pls forgive me mistakes… I just think what I said. Nothing beside this!

32. stayinghealthy4ever January 18, 2013 at 12:35 pm

you mean *fashionable
    and you must be bigger
    to make that statement
    sorry you feel threaten.

33. Emma Kate Styles January 18, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I keep thinking she’s saying “Harry Styles” instead of Tara Stiles hahah

34. but she is too skinny. the fact she eats healthy food and fact that she eats at all does not prove she is not anorectic. she looks unhealthy, thin to bones. sorry to say that but it’s not sexy or healthy and it shouldn’t be shown in public as stereotype worth imitating…

35. there’s a difference between being anorexic and being thin. She’s a yoga instructor who eats healthy.

36. i wanted to do hardcore yoga, but my parents are paying the crazy amount of money, so i decided to watch your videos. i am glad i found yoga i could do in my house and still have progress. i am trying to get my splits down. c:

37. anorexia is no longer fasionable:(

38. great tips! thanks, tara

39. 2:08 this really helps my flexibility

40. nope, i come often, i just dont comment it

41. God dammit… it turns out i’m only one who came for a boner. -_-

42. Ok I’ll try that! Thanks(:

43. This is coming from a guy, but as a Soldier that runs all the time, I’d say that your extracurricular actives have caused you to develop strength in certain lower body muscles, but not others. Ask a personal trainer what to work on if you don’t know what to work on. I don’t know much about your condition, but shin splints can come from not taking long enough strides, among other things. Make sure that you are running in actual ‘running shoes’ and that they are compatible with your foot arches.

44. I know for a fact that I run incorrectly, but it’s almost impossible for me to run correctly, even if I’m thinking about it constantly. My feet turn out (probably due to dance) and my knees sort of sink and knock together. My PT told me it’s all because of my weak hips, but I can’t keep up with the exercises… It’s so frustrating! :'(

45. Maya Shallcross January 18, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Try looking up the proper running position. I always used to have shin splits before I realized that it was because I’m running incorrectly. Good luck!

46. I would like to tuck my legs under my gluts and be able to sit on my feet without pain and if I stay there too long excruciating. What are some suggestions?

47. Hi Tara, I’m 14 and I play basketball and do Irish dance. Lately I’ve been getting into running, but I hate it because it’s really painful for me. I have huge, strong calves from being on my toes all the time for dance and muscly thighs too. But when I run, it feels like my calves are supper tight and I get horrible shin splints on the side of my leg. I tried PT but it’s hard for me to keep up with the daily, hour-long regimen. I’ve been told I have weak hips and tight calves. What can I do?